Friday, July 15, 2011

Bike Calisthenics, Pending Tri Bike, Natatorium Update

Yesterday I added bike-related calisthenics to my standard ride days.  Hindu squats, calf raises with slow lowering, lunges, and backside-blasting leg extensions with a band.  Today, I feel like a gay dinosaur, so I'm taking the day off.  No weights yet, but I will add some when I'm sure I can do it without injury. 

I told Karen that if all works out, my butt was going to be even larger.   Her enthusiasm was resounding.  ;-}

My current steed is an entry level road bike with aerobars.  It has been berry, berry good to me, but if I am to do a full Ironman, and to continue with this sport, I think I could kick a bit more ass on a real, light, aero, slick-looking tri bike.  At least that's what I keep telling Karen.

I'd been planning the purchase of a real tri-bike sometime before the end of the year, but I found the one I wanted on ebay for a ridiculous price (Allegedly NIB, $1000 less than retail!!), and nailed it down yesterday.  Hope it's not too good to be true.  Tune in next week.


This is not our only personal effort to jumpstart the economy.  Construction of the Quigley family Natatorium continues apace.  We've moved from plumbing only to rebar. 



Amenities will include hot tub, lagoon with umbrella pole so parents can supervise from inside the pool, and a few jets grouped together in the deep end which should, when coupled with a swim tether, sorta-kinda simulate a swim stream.  We'll see about that last one.  It's for the kiddos anyway.

No comments: